Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Chicks Love My 9-inch Zipper

I don’t understand The Fashions. I still have some shirts I wore in college hanging in my closet – and I wear them outside of the house sometimes, too. But I do understand that everything old is new again. And if you wait long enough, everything goes out of style and then comes back into style and then goes back out of style and repeat for infinity. Bell bottoms. Choker necklaces. Robber barons. You know, the usual. It has been particularly amusing to watch mom jeans return. I’m convinces modern jean trends are designed to fit as few body types as earthly possible. First jeans so skinny everyone looks like a frenched pork chop. And now jeans so high-waisted they practically double as a top. Thanks, The Fashions. But, the return of mom jeans does give me the opportunity to rewatch my favorite fauxmerical of all time. Mom jeans, mom jeans!

2 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

I miss that era of SNL...
I don't care about fashion too, I guess it's one of those true lesbian stereotypes

:) said...

More of a favorite than Classic Kotex?