Thursday, October 29, 2015

Oh Yes

After yesterday’s World Full of No casting news about that terrible, terrible gender-reassignment-surgery-as-punishment-revenge-story with two talented actresses who should know way, way better, how about some good news? How about two good newses?

First, Kristen Stewart and Chloe Sevigny are in talks to star in a new psychological thrilled about famed (alleged) murder Lizzie Borden. Chloe would play Lizzie and Kristen would play her family’s live-in maid, Bridget Sullivan, with whom Lizzie also (allegedly) had a romantic relationship. Lesbian love and axe murder? Does it make me a bad person to be extremely excited about this possibility? Probably, but I’ve come to terms with it.

Second, Clea DuVall (who, coincidentally, played Lizzie Borden’s sister in the recent Lifetime miniseries about her), has also recently been cast in a new project. She will join the upcoming USA network series “Brooklyn Animal Control.” I know, I know, you’re having visions of Clea cuddling with rescue puppies and stray kitties right now and your little gay heart is about to explode. Hold up, this is a different kind of animal. Like werevolves. The show is based on a comic by the same name and Clea plays the eldest daughter of her werewolf clan mother and the heir apparent to lead her people. Yep, I’m in. I’m so in.

I’ve come to accept that while I enjoy a good straight (no, not that sort of straight) drama or comedy, I’m most apt to get excited about crime and/or genre shows. And both these projects are right up that alley. See, now doesn’t that soothe away just a little of the rage from that other news? OK, not really. But any good news is welcome addition, at least.

2 comments:

Kaz said...

I love good gay news and good casting. However, we do not need another Lizzie Borden movie.

Carmen SanDiego said...

Clea as a werewolf clan mother ? Yes please! That is exciting!