Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Shenny, Shenny, Who Can I Turn To?

I know I’m a little early for Throwback Thursday, but I recently happened upon a gif of Helena falling off the treadmill on Tumblr and felt compelled to rewatch the whole scene. Yep, still holds up. Still holds up so freakin’ well. Especially Bette’s uncontrollable laughter. And Alice’s “Ewwww” face. These quick-cut scenes of the whole group have always been among my favorite. Remember the phone tree? Yeah, good times.

p.s. Even all these years later I still discover new things about this scene. The actor whose hair Shane was doing instead of Patrick Dempsey? Eric Mabius. Ah, yes, Tim. If Jenny had stayed with him none of this would have ever happened.

7 comments:

Helena said...

Thank you for this , still so funny and Alice at her best.

Carmen SanDiego said...

Oh Tim... Sorta forgot about him...
The phone tree, the basketball game, the expedition to figure out if ths sous chef is gay... I miss having our own show. Wish Lip Service had lasted longer

Tenofive said...

And Angela Robinson is in the scene where the two women are pitching the script to Tina.

C. said...

Argh! So awesome.

azinthesun said...

I think Jennifer Beals said the cast gave her a standing ovation after that "phone tree" scene. It was epic!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the memories. Loved this crazy lesbian show.

maya said...

Somehow I don't remember that scene at all. I think I blocked the entire last season out of my memory. The Shane/Jenny thing was too disturbing for me. But that clip *was* very funny. Maybe worth going to back to watch...ummm, nope.