Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Game of Cookies

So, I don’t know if you’ve heard, but “Empire” is coming back tonight. I only know this because I live on this planet and own a TV, have an Internet connection and breathe air. The show has received incredible – INCREDIBLE – hype leading into its second season. But in this age of Peak TV, I have a confession to make. I haven’t watched “Empire.” Not one episode, not one minute. I know, I know, lock me up with Andy Samberg in a TV Watching Bunker and throw away the key. I also haven’t watched “How To Get Away With Murder” or “Scandal.” Though I did finally, mostly, catch up on “The Walking Dead.” And I’m really, really, really going to do my best to get current on “Jane the Virgin.” Am I forgiven?

This mashup of Taraji P. Henson in “Game of Thrones” is all kinds of awesome, and makes me feel even worse about my “Empire” non-watching. So, let me have it – what others shows am I also desperately missing out on already as the new TV season starts?

p.s. I’m not going to lie, a teeny-tiny part of me feels both equal parts relieved and guilty about not watching “Empire” because I know Ilene Chaiken in the showrunner. Gay ladies and Mama Chaiken, the history runs deep, yo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch or don't watch. No biggie. It's basically Dynasty for the 21st century. But, the acting is stellar, the music is great and the drama is well, dramatic.

Anonymous said...

Don't bother with JtV or Scandal, both absolute mince.

Can't comment on Empire - first I've heard of it!

Anonymous said...

Stop what you are doing right NOW and watch Empire. It absolutely lives up to the hype. Taraji P. is a goddess and absolutely makes the series. She is everything and Cookie is the best character to hit tv in a really really long time.

Unknown said...

You knew it was coming... Wentworth! It's time to jump on it Dorothy. Enjoy the ride.

Carmen SanDiego said...

It really is peak TV. I have a hard time keeping up with the shows I watch. Still have to get on that Survivors Remorse. I am still behind on shows from years ago. *sigh*
But, yeah, Empire is worth it. It is overhyped, for sure, but worth it.