Friday, November 07, 2014

My Weekend Crush

I’ve really enjoyed all things Lorde since she burst on the scene all untamed hair and weird hand dances last year. And I’ve continued to enjoy her through her BFF-dome with Taylor Swift and continued weird hand dancing. And I really, really enjoy her new song “Yellow Flicker Beat” for the soundtrack of “he Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.” Like, really, really. The video, I am happy to report, does not disappoint either. I particularly enjoy (and commend) whoever got all.that.hair. into a pompadour of sorts. Impressive. Also, love the sly “The Shining” shout out in that ballroom scene pose. Happy weekend, all.

3 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

I like Lorde, hope she sticks around and is not just a flash in the pan. To think she just turned 18....

egghead said...

Lorde is "different". She's not like the rest of us . . .

egghead said...

I'll never forget Annie Clarke staring at her open-mouthed at the Nirvana induction, singing All Apologies. That was fun to watch.