Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Is there a problem, officer?

Question: Does this woman make you wanna be bad?

How about now?How about now?How about now?How about if I told you she was going to play Chicago’s first female police chief? Yeah, now you wanna be bad. Like call the cops, get arrested, go to jail bad, don’t you? Jennifer Beals has signed on to a new Fox pilot to play said pioneering police chief. Yeah, I know. Let it all soak in. Yes, Jennifer will be back on TV. Yes, she will play a cop. Yes, she will be wearing a uniform. And a badge. And a big old gun. They’re going to have to change the song to: “I fought the law because the law was ridiculously sexy.”

Jennifer’s new show is called “Ride-Along.” Eh, not loving the name. But then, you’d be hard pressed to find a gay lady who liked the name “The L Word,” too. The other eh ingredient in this sexy lady cop sandwich? She is just the female lead, not the lead-lead. The Hollywood Reporter describes the show’s premise as such:
“Ride-Along revolves around on a rogue cowboy cop (Jason Clarke) and Chicago's first female police chief (Jennnifer Beals) who vow to clean up the streets.”

Hmm, I can see it now. She’s a strict, by-the-books chief. He’s a mavericky, loose cannon cop. They clash. They get results. Whatever, Jennifer gets to be a cop and have a freaking gun. Also, she’s on my TV and not on “Lie To Me” (I’m not really feeling that show and I am really, really not feeling her as Tim Roth’s ex-wife). I am looking forward to many, many more shot of her in power suits and sharply pressed dress blues. See, now you want to be bad, too. Well get in line, and bring your own handcuffs. I fear there could be a shortage.

18 comments:

June said...

Unfortunately, it's on FOX who has a history of not allowing a show to find its audience before yanking the plug (T:TSCC, Dollhouse, Wonderfalls - need I go on?)

Anonymous said...

giggle, I know her she was in L word, tina bet old
couple.so what she's doing now?

I'm not a fan of her, but I do like her baby picture
that her dad holding her, the eyes look same exactly
now.

I don't want to be bad, but kind of angry about
yesterday's mischoice that I bought trash song.
I trashed it cus it's so, I can't believe they sell it
to me. my $1~~~ comeback.

and, everyone on the earth have samething equally,
this is what my younger bro taught to me when he
was very young,

it's time.

so, let's spend it wisely,
I have my plan until 100 years old, I know
but I just so exciting to make plan and go
crazy about it, so, it happened.

nice day ds, love your post, always!

Anonymous said...

OMFG the only thing better than this would be for JB to have an executive assistant who is a little rough around the edges played by Laurel Holloman!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can just mute whenever the guy talks and mentally put in our own dialogue. :)

sue said...

at some point, we will definitely need one your famous face-offs with jennifer and mariska and all their hot, tank-top-wearing, gun-toting, badge-wearing sexiness.

. said...

OMFG the only thing better than this would be for JB to have an executive assistant who is a little rough around the edges played by Laurel Holloman!

God hear you! and say amen
I praying since now

Anonymous said...

Agree with you she is ridiculously SEXY...love her and in powersuit,nothing to add....
don't forget Shawn Ryan wrote the Shield wich was one of the best ever!
See you soon Jennifer in Chicago,beautiful city as Ms Beals..
what a feelong

Bent said...

This woman....DAMN! Flashdance was the beginning of my love for her, and it has never faltered. I am with you on Lie To Me...I just couldn't watch that. Awful show.

Speaking of Mariska, someone said to me the other day that they knew her to be anti-lgbt, but I couldn't locate anything attributed to her searching the internet that would suggest that. Has anyone else heard anything along those lines? This info came from someone who is typically well informed and not prone to reading gossip rags.

Unknown said...

So, will they have to do some shooting in Chicago for, like, exteriors and such? I would like to volunteer my services as an extra. Preferably an extra that needs to be frisked by the police chief.

@bent: I haven't heard anything, but she did go through a period where she had to mention how super-duper straight she is in every interview and how shocked she was to find that people thought she was gay! (Dude, you had a short, I-just-came-out haircut and appeared on tv once a week with a gun and that swagger. Mistakes will be made.) Also, the recent Kathy Griffin episode was really homophobic, so maybe that's what you've heard.

Anonymous said...

It would be great if Laurel could be on Jennifers new show, now that would boost the rating out the window. Jens producers should consider this. Could get a Emmy. they just have great chemistry. NO doubt.

Veo Visiones said...

Jennifer like a cop?!!She makes me crazy!

Kellz said...

When I first read about this, I immediatelly thought "OMFG! My 'JB as Chief Hammer' dreams have come true!"

I mean Chief Judy Hammer from Patricia Cornwell's Andy Brazil series. She's the kick-ass Richmond chief of police. Even moments after getting out of court, in heels, she doesn't hesitate before going into a bus that's under robbery and kicking the robber's ass.

I can't wait for this show! Would be even more awesome if JB's character had a female sidekick... xD

sugababe said...

that first pic... ahhh...

Anonymous said...

omfg... sue's comment,
"at some point, we will definitely need one your famous face-offs with jennifer and mariska and all their hot, tank-top-wearing, gun-toting, badge-wearing sexiness."

i would literally die of joy. DIE. OF. JOY.

Anonymous said...

I just want to add my two cents about those plot device woes: That pitch is almost word-for-word the failed special from the movie Network.
As a fellow L-Word-rerun-viewer, that does seem a bit off-putting. These ladies have Talent, capital T. JB deserves better work!

Becky said...

She looks like a big weird person in a tiny bath.
A HOT, big weird person...

elliB said...

I need to figure out when/where Chicago filming is happening and stalk... I mean, visit the area

Hannah said...

It doesn't sound too good, this show, but on the other hand it's JENNIFER BEALS so I think I'll watch at least one episode anyway.